HOW AND WHEN TO PAY FOR CAR HIRE SERVICES (BEFORE OR AFTER THE TRIP?):
Frequently Asked Questions Services To Pay For On Car Hire In Uganda
Owning a vehicle by hiring it will give you full independence and freedom as well as peace during your vacation in Uganda because when you’re at the back of the wheel, you get a chance to sightsee the city or discover wildlife at your own convenience. Once you Visit Uganda, don’t think of using taxis or buses because you won’t want to stay fixed under the control of the bus’ or taxi schedules.
Although hiring a vehicle for self-drive in Uganda is the best option, it is always wise to know how and when you are supposed to pay for the vehicle. When renting a vehicle, you sign a contract with the rental company, and most times a deposit payment is made and the full amount paid at the end of the trip.
Payment Methods used to pay for car hire services.
Below are common factors considered by clients, concerning how and when to pay for hired vehicles.
- Payment methods accepted.
- All major credit and debit cards are accepted as a form of payment in Uganda: Visa, MasterCard, and American Express.
- In cases when you book last minute, Cash is the best option.
- Other popular forms of payment include telegraphic transfers like direct bank wire transfers, western union, money gram, etc.
- Which currency is accepted?
- In Uganda, popular currencies are Uganda shillings, U.S. Dollars, and British Pounds. However, the most popular currency especially for online payments in U.S. Dollars.
- When making cash payments in foreign currencies, if they are dollars, make sure the notes are of recent series. Uganda accepts only the 2009 series, and above.
- What is NOT accepted as a form of payment?
- Traveler checks are no longer accepted in Uganda.
- Visa Electron (debit card) is not accepted.
- Pre-paid cards e.g. pre-paid MasterCard.
- Can I pay using a non-Ugandan Debit Card?
Yes, international debit cards are accepted.
- Can I book and pay for a car for someone else?
Yes, you can book and pay the car for someone else but he will be responsible for the car so anything that happens to the car as the signed agreement says, he has to meet the charges if need be.
- Can I pay for a reservation using a company credit card?
Yes, we do accept company credit cards only if that card contains the name of the renter collecting the vehicle.
- How many cars hire deposits do renters have to pay?
At least 30% down payment should be deposited upon confirmation of a booking, and the balance, 70% is paid either by cash or card on pick up of the vehicle.
When to pay for car hire services.
- Can I pay for my rental in advance?
Yes, we offer a pre-paid plan as well as a flexible pay-on-arrival tariff.
It is however important to note that paying in advance attracts a discounted price, while pay-on-arrival normal charges apply. Cancellation or amending fees may however apply for pre-paid reservations.
- What if I want to cancel my reservation?
You can easily cancel or amend your pre-paid booking; however, chargebacks will apply as per the terms of the contract.