Africa is a rewarding destination when it comes to wildlife safaris, great scenery, cultural experiences, forest hikes and more. From open savannas to deserts, Africa is a diverse continent! There are lots of untravelled destinations on this continent that has over 54 countries.
Though most people think that Africa is not a safe there are many countries that are safe and have embraced the development of tourism.
Africa has 54 sovereign countries—the most on any continent—and is the second largest continent in terms of both land area and population. Africa is bounded by the Mediterranean Sea to the north, by the Atlantic Ocean to the west,
Africa is the best destination for a safari holiday.
Africa the Land of Safaris
When one thinks of a holiday, one thinks of Africa, specifically East Africa and Southern Africa. Immediately images of wildlife, the sun, endless golden terrain, exotic flora and fauna, tropical sandy beaches, strong smiling black people with mystical lifestyles and traditions all come to mind. The beauty of the nature and excitement of a safari are what makes an African safari such a magical experience.
Explore Africa Travel Destinations, Things to See & Do, as well as travel ideas further:
Top Places to See in Africa
- Abu Simbel (Egypt)
- Mt. Kilimanjaro (Namibia)
- Victoria Falls – located along the borders of Zimbabwe & Zambia
- The Great Pyramids (Egypt)
- Valley of Kings (Egypt)
- Fish River Canyon (Namibia)
- Sossusvlei in Namib desert Namibia
- Masai Mara National Park (Kenya)
- Serengeti National Park (Tanzania)
- Karnak Temple Complex (Egypt)
- Okavango Delta (Botswana)
- The Virunga Mountains in the DRC/Rwanda/Uganda borders
- Bwindi Impenetrable National Park (Uganda)
Does your vacation wish list include an African safari in the Serengeti?
Do you want to fly to Cairo to see the pyramids in Egypt?
Have you thought about a sailing trip around the coast of South Africa?
Do you prefer adventure vacations and want to climb Mt Kilimanjaro?