The U.S is full of highly interesting places to visit, such as the Grand Canyon or Mt. Rushmore, and many people dream of renting an RV rental and going on road trips throughout the country to visit its amazing destinations.
Do you know what else is amazing about the U.S? We have some really weird-looking food that just happens to be delicious and you should definitely make sure to eat these dishes while on your road trip:
- Reindeer Pizza: The idea of eating pizza with reindeer may seem a little weird, but you aren’t Santa, are you? While the pizza itself may look normal, one bite into a piece and you will realize that something tastes very different, yet very delicious. While this pizza may have its origins in Finland, there are some places in the U.S that serve it.
- Frito Pie: If you are wondering if this pie has Fritos in it and you ask that question while laughing, I’ll have to tell you to wipe that grin off of your face, because yes, Texas has come up with a pie that consists of Frito chips, chili, corn, cheese, salsa, and whatever else the cook may want to put in it. If you like Fritos and chili, you’ll love it. It’s delicious.
- Sauerkraut Balls: It’s always difficult to know what is inside of breaded balls that can be found at buffet tables, in exotic dishes you may order, or at your grandma’s dinner table. Saurkraut balls may not look like much, but they are incredibly delicious. They typically consist of cream cheese, parsley, garlic, seasoning, sausage, onion, and of course, sauerkraut.
- Root-Beer Floats: You may have grown up with root-beer floats or maybe it’s something new to you, but there is no doubt that the idea of ice-cream floating around in a cup of soda is a very odd thing. It looks weird, but if you like root-beer and vanilla ice-cream, it is so good.
- Sweet Potato Casserole: This is surely one concoction that is strange-looking yet the way that it melts in your mouth is delectable. Sweet potato casserole: you may have had it at the Thanksgiving dinner table growing up or you have yet to try it.
For foreigners, the idea of marshmallows (a candy) atop a vegetable that should be eaten salty (I mean, it is a potato) is a horrific idea. Yet, I encourage anyone who judges the idea of sweet potato casserole to take one bite and watch as their judgements disappear into thin air as will the casserole.
- Ambrosia Salad: It may look weird and full of strange ingredients, but ambrosia salad is so delicious, especially when you realize that it isn’t a salad. At least, not a vegetable salad. It’s more understandable when you realize that it is essentially a glorified fruit salad.
You either love or hate the combination of oranges, pineapples, cherries, pecans, coconut, yogurt, whipped cream, and marshmallows. Us Americans really like putting marshmallows in everything, don’t we?